Over the years, our attorneys have taken countless phone calls from frustrated clients who have gone to their local pharmacy in an attempt to get a prescription filled for treatment of their work related injury. Many times these clients leave the pharmacy without the medications they need because of communication problems between the pharmacy and the workers compensation insurance carrier.
To alleviate this problem, we often recommend that our clients fill prescriptions for their work related injury through IWP, an independent national pharmacy service. IWP (Injured Worker Pharmacy) is not affiliated with any particular insurance provider, and works for the injured worker. They will communicate with your lawyer and deliver prescriptions from your physician. They will also communicate directly with your workers compensation insurance carrier and make sure there are no out-of-pocket expenses on approved claims.
How does IWP work?
- You Enroll, either by phone at (888) 321-7945 or online at www.IWPharmacy.com.
- A personal customer service representative from IWP will call you to complete your enrollment and help set up your prescriptions.
- IWP will contact your workers compensation insurance carrier to verify your claim and handle claim reviews and reimbursement.
- IWP will call you to schedule your first delivery, which will arrive overnight directly to your door.
- IWP will take care of your medication needs by sending you refills automatically and as prescribed.
They will bill the workers compensation carrier directly for the medication costs, and they will work with your lawyer to resolve any difficulties with your claim.